MBBS in Russia
MBBS in Russia offers an MD program for medical aspirants with a total duration of 6 years + 1-year internship (After qualifying FMGE in India). To get admission at Russian medical universities, medical aspirants must follow minimum eligibility: a valid NEET scorecard and a 10+2 (PCB) minimum of 50%. All the medical universities of Russia are recognized by NMC, WHO, FAIMER, and listed in the world's top medical universities. The tuition FEE is affordable, starting at 2,40,000 Russian Ruble / Year to up to 5 lac Russian Ruble / Year with a minimum living cost. After completing the medical degree, students can work in Russia or sit in the NEXT (National Exit Test) screening test to practice and get a medical license in India.
Russia is indeed a preferred destination for Indian students interested in studying medicine. It is among the most advanced nations in the world, with cutting-edge medical technology. Russia was the first to synthesize a Coronavirus vaccine.
MBBS is a popular program in Russia, which in turn has about 57 medical universities. As per the latest data researches, Russia has 50 or more MCI-recognized medical institutes. International students prefer to study here since the tuition is subsidized. It is substantially lower than in other Western countries. The combination of a low cost and a superior level of education makes MBBS in Russia a preferred pick for foreign students.
MBBS in Russia for Indian Students
MBBS in Russia is a very viable option for Indian students, particularly keeping the following in mind:
- Students do not have to pay donation or capitation fees.
- Russian medical infrastructure is quite advanced. Not to forget, it was the first nation to develop a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Russia houses a large Indian student base.
- Russian universities are a cosmopolitan hub and brew with culture from every corner of the world.
- Ragging is not an issue in any Russian medical institute.
- A degree in medicine from Russia is approved by MCI.
- Various medical institutions in Russia have been listed under the World Directory of Medical Schools. Thus, you can apply for further competitive exams such as PLAB and USMLE.
- The tuition fee is very economical and budget-friendly. Thus, it is feasible for the average Indian family.
- Any Indian student pursuing their studies in Russia can seek help from the Indian Embassy in Moscow, Russia whenever urgently needed.
- Indian teachers travel to Russia and give lectures frequently.
- Coaching for NEXT or FMGE is accessible.
- Due to the vast population of Indian students, most Russian universities house a mess specially designed for Indian food and thereby, Indian students.
- A hostel facility is provided to all international students.
- The process of securing a VISA for Russia is easy and does not need an interview.
- There is good airways’ connectivity between the two nations.
- Since the value of the Russian and Indian currencies remains more or less similar, the cost of living does not increase much when you switch nations.
Student Life in Russia
For Indian students, studying in Russia can serve more benefits than one would imagine. Some of them are:
- You don’t have to appear for an entrance exam specifically for admission
- Affordable cost of living
- Cost-friendly and subsidized tuition fees
- Worldwide recognition of Russian medical degree
- Guaranteed VISA approval
MBBS curriculum in Russia
As per the United States and European guidelines and standards, the completion of the MBBS curriculum in Russia takes up to six to eight years.
First 3 years
The theoretical knowledge of medicine is imparted, along with human biology basics. This includes general pathology, microbiology, physiology, genetics, and microchemistry.
Last 3 years
The final three years are the most important since students must apply for and successfully complete an internship or clerkship, in addition to studying gynecology, surgery, neurology, primary care medicine, pediatrics, psychiatry, and emergency medicine.
- As in Indian education, each year of study is divided into 2 semesters each in Russian universities too.
- Lecture-based education, seminars, clinical training, laboratory work, practicals, group discussions, and regular assessments are some of the methods undertaken to teach students pursuing medicine in Russia.
Is Russia Safe for Indian Students
Yes, Russia is a safe place for tourists and Indian students. In Russia, over 10,000 Indian students are presently studying medicine. Students coming to Russia for the first time are commonly sent in groups. When the students arrive in Russia, they are provided with airport pickups service and transportation. The students are escorted immediately to the hostels and provided with lodging. Hostels offered by Russian universities are safe and secure. Outsiders are not permitted to enter the hostel, and there are hostel wardens. In Russia's dormitories, CCTV is available, and security personnel is on hand.