Ausbildung is a German term , which generally means 'apprenticeship' or vocational training where the students are trained for specific jobs. It is a professional education based system which is meant for those who wish to dive straight towards working life after school instead of studying at University. This program is basically designed for the people working blue-collar jobs. Ausbildung focuses on theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge, which means both aspects of the profession are greatly taken care of. Based on all the information, Aubildung is divided into two significant parts:
1. Schulische Ausbildung
2. Duale Ausbildung
Ausbildung programs generally can be completed in 2 years but some take 2.5-3 years. The duration of the program varies from course to course.A degree or good grades during the training period can also reduce the duration of program by 6 months or even a year. Every year almost 500,000 seats are open for both German and International students. It is a common effort by the Federal states and Private companies. While the Federal states provide for the school based knowledge, theoretical, the companies provide the training, as in practical knowledge.
Schulische Ausbildung generally refers to the vocational training program in which more theoretical knowledge is provided than practical knowledge. In this kind of program, the students are mainly trained for the IT, Medical sector and the social works. In the program, the students are also provided with practical knowledge, however, it is done on specific fixed days. This program produces employees to sectors like Health (Nurses and speech therapists), social sectors (Educators and Social assistants), Design (Communication designer, fashion designer and graphic designers), IT professionals (IT Assistants) and Foreign Languages department (Interpreter and foreign language correspondents). And in all these sectors students need more theoretical knowledge than that of practical.
Duale Ausbildung literally means the program that includes both vocational training and in company internship and this is one of the most common types of Vocational programs in Germany which comprises over 450 training occupations that are recognized worldwide. Under this training program, the training is conducted for 1-2 days every week. Also the main part if the internship program that comes with this type of Ausbildung, it provides hands on experience to the students.This program offers employment in areas such as Industry and trade (IT Specialist, Cook and Insurance clerks), Public Services ( Notary assistant,Surveyor, Tax clerk and Road Guards), and many more sectors. It is quite a fascinating option for the students.
Salary During the Program:
The best part of Ausbildung is that students are paid as well during the program for the internship work that is done by them. The Salary depends on the profession opted by the students. The salary varies between 550-1300 EUR/mo, which gradually increases during the period of the training. The industries that pay the best are health care, aviation and Hotel Management. Also, after the completion of the program, the salary can be around 2700-3000 EUR/mo.
Over 500,000 seats are available every year in these training programs and less than 500,000 applicants apply for this program. In Germany, international applicants also have a great chance at landing jobs in IT sectors, healthcare , handicrafts, etc., since most of the positions remain empty each year. To apply for AUSBILDUNG in Germany, students need to fulfil the following obligations:
1. Valid proof of Education qualification at school
2. B-1 level of German language proficiency is required. To prove this International students need to submit a certificate.(This is the most important part since the instruction mode of language is German for Aubildung).
3. Formalities like proper Resume with formal image, work experience and internships list, is to be provided.The resume should have the personal information including Name, Address and contact information. You can visit sites such as Ausbildung.de to get the information regarding the courses and also apply there. Applying for Ausbildung is similar to that of applying for a Job.
4. Valid Visa and passport
5. Accommodation during the program
And the main part for the foreign students entering this program is they should be above or of age 18.
This program requires a long term Visa of at least 2 years which can also be extended in case of work. Also for Ausbildung students will also need a work permit along with the Visa. The procedure will be almost the same as the admission procedure, however, the student will need to submit the admission receipt for the Ausbildung program, Valid Passport, passport sized photographs and the academically valid proofs.
In Germany, international students are provided German qualification as skilled workers, also they receive the same rights as German workers at the workplaces to find a job.Currently, the students of this training program are in high demand all over the Europe, however, the program does not 'guarantee' a job after the program is over. One can keep working in the company that they received training in, without any time limitation. Even though there is no Job guarantee, it gives numerous benefits to the students such as stipends, internships, experience and the right to live in Germany. Ausbildung in Germany is a great option for the students and is a proven turning point in their career.
Ausbildung in Germany:
For pursuing Ausbildung in Germany, there are no specific requirements, however, the applicant must know how to read, write and speak German to a certain level. At least A2 level of German is very important when applying for the Ausbildung program, since both the embassy and companies are strict about the certificates if you are a foreign student. However, sometimes the companies also settle for the B1 or B2 level of German. It would be really beneficial for the students to learn German before leaving their home country, since the mode of instruction is German and applicants will not be efficient if the language barrier is there.
According to the research, most companies demand for A2 level in Germany, however, some settle for B1 or B2 as well. One needs certificates before applying for the program.
Generally, the applicant needs to have 11-12th class of education, after that they become eligible to apply for the program and companies also offer you the apprenticeship program.However, most of them also apply after 9-10th class of education. One just needs to ace in German language to get into the program easily. Companies look for creative people for their training program. This is why applications sent out by the students must look creative and attractive.
All this makes the work of selection quite easy for both companies as well as the applicant. Revealing your creative side on the application impresses the employers.
Application for Ausbildung:
It is quite an easy process to apply for Ausbildung in Germany. First of all you need to find for the employers who are offering the Ausbildung programs, which you can find on sites like Ausbildung.de, and also many more sites. You can apply to them via email, in which you mainly need to attach your academic qualification and your Resume or CV. Also, it is recommended to do some research about the program, which usually comes handy during the interviews and gives you a push in the direction of getting into the program.The application should be strictly written in German Language. The application should include:
1. List of citizenship or a single citizenship that the applicant has.
2.Application should be written in German (It creates an impression on the employers and they get an idea that the applicant knows the language which is necessary for the program).
3. Means of contact should be mentioned clearly, specially like phone number and email. The phone number should have the international code as well, such as (+91) for Indian students.
4. Work experience and internships should be boldly mentioned and in order, with no missing periods, in case you have been without employment for certain periods, try to conceal it using further information about the jobs, along with the nature of employment and rank in institution.
5. Information about schools and education
6. full information about the schools and institutions that you have associated with should be present in the application.
Once your application is complete, you can send it to the companies offering the program via email. You will receive acceptance or rejection within a short period of time. One does not really have to worry about rejection, since there are lots of seats empty for the program. Also due to lack of workforce in Germany, there are numerous vacancies in companies and Ausbildung is built to fulfil that role as well. In the foreseeable future, the demand for the program only seems to be increasing. People can get jobs easily without having to get into proper Universities and dive straight into working life.
Generally, the students need the German Student VISA, when applying for the Ausbildung. It requires specific documents such as approval of the company offering the apprenticeship, health insurance(to cover for stay in Germany), financial proof (for comfortable stay in Germany, blocked accounts are preferable), and language proof (at least B1 level in the German language).
1. Valid passport (that has at least 18 months before expiration).
2. 4 Passport size photographs
3. Academic proof of qualification (certificates of 10th,11th or 12th class of education).
Duale Study Program:
A dual studies program is the best way to study in Germany, since it provides both education and a chance to practise it in an oriented way. You are employed in a company in fixed time periods for which you also receive salary. It is a type of program that provides both academic education at the University and Vocational training to utilise that training at the companies affiliated with that program. Under this type of Vocational program, students get both theoretical and practical knowledge, by directly applying the skills in the real working environment. Also in short, the program offers following features:
1. Since you are employed by the companies during the program, you get to earn a salary.
2. You receive employment opportunities with job security, with all the features of a job, such as leaves, vacations and fixed working hours.
The program duration is generally for 3 years, along with academic education going. It allows the students to strengthen their knowledge and get used to the work ethic, moulding them into the structure in such a way that they can handle any work that comes with their specialised field.
1. The program is mostly suitable for the foreign students since it gives them a chance to work and live in Germany legally.
2. You receive salary from the first day itself, since you are basically employed by the companies during the training program.
3. You may also get employed in the same company that hired you during the program or get the chance in some other company, since the pay is great during and after the program, it elevates its suitability.
4. This is a study plus apprenticeship program , since it also provides a degree from a recognized University.
5. It helps people who wish to go for work life, since it is career integrated, also the studies of the person are not affected at all. One gets to make a career in their field.
6. You get to make important contacts during the program in the companies, and the information that you gain is matchless than any degree can teach you.