About Xi'an Jiaotong University
Xi'an Jiaotong University is one of the key university of China which regulated under the supervision of the Ministry of Education of China. Initially, it started as Nanyang College, which was started in the year 1896 in Shanghai and renamed as Jiaotong University in the year 1921. In 2000, two of the colleges Xi'an Medical University and former Shaanxi Institute of Finance and Economics which was approved by the state council merged in Xi'an Jiaotong University. In its 120 years of history, Xi'an Jiaotong University has been adhering to the principle of developing education to make China strong.
MBBS in Xi'an Jiaotong University Facts & Figures
- Xi'an Jiaotong University has a total of 29 Colleges and schools and 19 affiliated hospitals.
- University covers campus area of about 250 hectares having three campusesXingqing, Qujiang andYanta.
- Currently more than 38,103 full-time students, 18,919 postgraduate students are enrolled in the university.
- Over 4000 professionals and technical faculty have given their service to the university including the university hospitals.
Xi'an Jiaotong University has almost 29 schools or departments. Some of the different disciplines are listed below:-
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Clinical Medicine
- Public Health
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
Benefits of doing MBBS from Xi'an Jiaotong University
- The fees charged by Xi'an Jiaotong University will not affect the education budget of Indian students, because the University of Jiaotong provides low-cost MBBS fees.
- Students can get a high-quality MBBS education at an affordable cost because it is lower than the tuition fees of private medical schools in India.
- The university provides world-class infrastructure.
- The teachers at Xi'an Jiaotong University are very talented and experienced.
- The university provides all academic facilities for students and assists them in obtaining internships and scholarships.
- Xi'an Jiaotong University provides its students with prosperous career opportunities.
- The university provides quality medical education and is recognized by MCI and WHO.
- The library of the university has 50,00,000 books 4,100 current periodicals, 30,000 electronic periodicals, and more than 1 million electronic books.
- The university has a mental health education and counselling centre for college students.
University of Xi'an Jiaotong University Programs & Fees
- 5+1 Years of English Medium
|Fees||1st Year||2nd Year to 6th Year|
|Visa Ext. & Insurance||
*NOTE: MISC CHARGES to be paid in the University in 1st year 2500RMB-3000RMB
**1 RMB- INR 12/- (as on 14th July 2022)
** Amount is subject to change as per the exchange rates
Chinese Government Scholarship
International students studying in China are eligible for Chinese Government Scholarship that is being awarded by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC). This is awarded to the students applying or studying in the universities affiliated to CSC. Every year the CSC online application system starts from December to April. Every university under the CSC affiliation has a different application deadline. It is mandatory to fill the online application form for students applying for Chinese Government Scholarship.
At present 289 universities, Chinese Universities are designated to offer a wide range of programs in science, engineering, fine arts, philosophy, economics, medicine, legal studies, agriculture, history, literature and management under the CSC Scholarship scheme at all levels.
Chinese Government Scholarship Programs
1. Bilateral Program
The program offers a full or partial scholarship to the students in accordance with the exchange of educational agreements between the Chinese governments and governments of other countries, institutions or international organizations. The program supports undergraduate & graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
Applicants must apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas studies in their home country.
2. Chinese University Program
Scholarship under this program is meant for designated Chinese universities and specific provincial offices in certain provincial regions aiming to recruit international students for graduate studies in China. This program supports undergraduates, postgraduate students and doctoral students.
Applicants shall apply at the universities under this program to avail scholarship.
3. Great Wall Program
This scholarship program under UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) sponsors students and scholars from developing countries to carry out their studies and research in China. The program supports general and senior scholars. Applicants of this program must apply at the National Commissions for UNESCO in their home country.
4. EU Program
It is a full scholarship program encouraging international students from EU member countries to study and research in China. The program also focuses on promoting mutual understanding between China and EU member countries. The program supports undergraduate & graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
Applicants under this category must apply at the Education and Culture, Mission of the P. R. China to the European Union
5. AUN Program
The AUN Program (ASEAN University Network) sponsors students, teachers and scholars from ASEAN member countries to study and research in China. The program offers a full scholarship to the students thereby improving the academic exchange and mutual understanding between China and ASEAN member countries. It supports only the graduate students and the students can apply at AUN Secretariat.
6. PIF Program
This is a program under the full scholarship scheme to sponsor students from Pacific Island countries to study in China. The program supports undergraduates, graduates, general scholars and senior scholars and an application for the same can be applied to Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) Secretariat.
7. WHO Program
This program in association with the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) sponsors international students to study and research in meteorology, hydrology and water resources supervision and management in China. The program supports only graduates and undergraduates. Applicants must apply at the WMO.
- An applicant must be Non-Chinese national and must possess a valid passport with a valid Chinese visa for study in China
- The applicants must present their HSK marks cards depicting their proficiency in Chinese language. However, relaxation can be given to students applying for programs taught in the English Language.
- The applicants must abide by the rules & regulations of the University as well as the Chinese government.
- Undergraduate program applicants of not more than 28 years and must submit high school mark sheets.
- Masters degree applicants of not more than 40 years, a bachelor degree holder and must submit 2 recommendation letters from professors.
- A Doctoral program applicant must be a Master degree holder and not above 45 years of age. Submission of 2 recommendation letters from professors is a mandatory requirement.
Expertise and relevant team of professionals verify and selects the students who are granted pre-admission letters by the mid of June. By the end of June, these must apply for University Scholarship online. Once the applications are scrutinized, the students are awarded the scholarship in the month of September each year. The provincial department where the university is located takes the responsibility of all applications. Each university in the province receives funds and aids from the Provincial Department of Education according to the number of students who have been awarded the scholarship. If the student does not abide by the rules & regulations of the university or the government, the university has the authority to report to the provincial department of education and his/her scholarship is deemed to be terminated with immediate effect. The university or college must submit a comprehensive report of students’ assessment to the provincial department that will help them determine the student’s eligibility for scholarship in the coming year. This report must be submitted in writing by the end of May.
Documents required for Chinese Government Scholarship
- A completely filled the application form
- Notarized copy of highest diploma/degree certificates
- Passport copy
- Reference letters from professors where demanded
- Study Plan
- Copy of Academic transcripts (clear coloured scanned copies)
- Foreigners Health Examination Form
Xi'an Jiaotong University is situated in Xi'an, Shaanxi, China. The city Xi'an is sitting on the north-west part and also the capital of Shaanxi province. It has a temperate climate having annual temperature 14.8-degree centigrade.
Address: 28 Xianning W Rd,Beilin, Xi'An, Shaanxi, China, 710049
City & Province: Xian, Shaanxi, China
Nearest Airport: Xi'an Xianyang International Airport
Xi'an Jiaotong University Entry Criteria
- 80% in 10+2
- NEET- 250
What sort of accommodationXi’an Jiaotong University provides for students?
Generally you can find hostel fee for the international students in the university having charges of 91350INR per year.
Do you need TOEFL or IELTS scores to take admission in Xi’an Jiaotong University?
Xi’an Jiaotong University requires the TOEFL examination or the IELTS for all international applicants whose primary native language is not English and who attend a non-English speaking secondary school. Minimum scoresrecommended for TOEFL and IELTS are 80 and 6.0. Students also can take the Placement Test at Xi’an Jiaotong University with the passing score
What you need to notify university before admission?
Physical Examination Record with blood test results (Hepatitis B surface antigen, HIV, syphilis, and TB) within six months. Anyone with chronic disease or genetic disease is needed to notify International School.No criminal offense Certificate provided by local Police Department within six months.
Which language knowledge is required in studying from Xi’an Jiaotong University?
Xi’an Jiaotong University offers MBBS program is in English.
What are the scholarship Programs Xi’an Jiaotong University offers?
There are various scholarships which Xi’an Jiaotong University offers for international students Guangxi Government Scholarship, Dalian Municipal Government Scholarship, Jiangsu Government Scholarship, Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship, Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship, Liaoning Government Scholarship and Hubei Provincial Government Scholarship.