About Nanjing Medical University
Nanjing Medical University was established in the year 1934 in Zhenjiang but further relocated to the Nanjing, Jiangsu Province in the year 1957. The university has consisted of the two campuses having international student apartments Wutai and Jiangning. Nanjing Medical University is one of the first universities in China who started six-year programs in the year 1962. The university is dedicated to providing student-centred education with an objective to deliver the best quality education to the students. In 2007, Nanjing Medical University was approved by the Ministry of Education as the first batch of universities in Mainland China to offer international students under the MBBS program. The University MBBS program has been successfully approved by medical councils of many countries such as Thailand, India and Mauritius.
Nanjing Medical University Facts & Figures
- Nanjing Medical University has a total of 16 Colleges and schools and 24 affiliated hospitals.
- University covers a campus area of about 87 hectares having bachelors, masters, and PhD degree and post-doctoral research programs.
- University offers 17 undergraduate programs, 48 doctor’s programs 73 master’s programs and 6 post-doctoral research stations.
- 1,570 professionals and technical faculty have given their service to the university including the university hospitals.
Nanjing Medical University has almost 16 schools or departments. Some of the different disciplines are listed below:-
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Public Health
Benefits of doing MBBS from Nanjing Medical University
- Students who complete the MBBS course from this university will be eligible to take the medical licensing exams organized by the medical boards of different countries.
- The university’s faculty and staff are innovative, talented and experts in their respective disciplines.
- University provides various scholarships for students.
- The medium of course is in English.
- University organized many extracurricular activities for students.
- Accommodation for international students is at affordable charges with having hostel and dormitories.
- The university has experienced and qualified teaching staff which provide quality education.
- The tuition fee of Nanjing Medical University is very affordable in comparison to other universities.
- World-class laboratory with technical advancement.
- The Teaching College of Nanjing Medical University is a qualified, skilled and widely acclaimed research scholar
- It has many national and municipal key disciplines, laboratories and some post-doctoral research exchange institutes.
University of Nanjing Medical University Programs & Fees
- 5+1 Years of English Medium
|Fees||1st Year||2nd Year to 6th Year|
|Visa Extension & Insurance||
1 RMB- INR 12/- (as on 14th July 2022)
Jiangsu Jasmine Scholarship
In order to promote and develop higher education quality for international students at the Jiangsu province, the provincial government of Jiangsu has set up Jiangsu Jasmine Scholarship for international students. Jiangsu is into the list of preferred study locations among the students. Nanjing Medical University, one of the top most universities of the province is designated by the Jiangsu Provincial government to recruit meritorious international students and scholars for full time study, who will be supported by the government to study under this scholarship program.
This full scholarship funding program allows tuition fee waiver, text books subsidy, accommodation fee waiver (university accommodation) and comprehensive medical insurance.
Under the Partial Scholarship Scheme, the fee can be waived off is CNY 30,000 per academic year. This supports an undergraduate/postgraduate students and the duration of scholarship is one academic year.
All graduate level majors accept this scholarship application except the College of Foreign Languages.
1. The applicant must be a non- Chinese citizen
2. Application must fall under the following education background and age limit criteria
- Bachelors program student must be a high school graduate and not more than 30 years
- Masters degree applicant must be a Bachelors degree holder and not more than 35 years of age
- A Doctoral degree applicant must be a Masters Degree holder and age not more than 40 years.
3. Competitive academic record of the student is must
4. A strong scientific research ability is also a mandatory requirement for an applicant
5. An applicant for Chinese taught program must have successfully qualified HSK5 whereas an applicant for an English taught program must come from an English speaking country or with minimum one year qualification in said discipline or must have the certificate of IELTS >=6 or TOFEL >=70
Application deadline for Jasmine Jiangsu Scholarship is usually in the month of June every year. Yet one must keep himself/herself updated with the notifications from Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship Committee and College of International Education.
Nanjing Medical University is situated in Nanjing, Jiangsu, People’s Republic of China. The city Nanjing is the capital of the Jiangsu province and comes in a humid subtropical monsoon climate zone with having an annual temperature 15.91-degree centigrade.
Nearest Airport: Nanjing Lukou International Airport
Nanjing Medical University Entry Criteria
- 50% in 10+2
- NEET- Qualifying marks
What sort of accommodation Nanjing Medical University provides for students?
Generally you can find hostel fee for the international students in the university having charges of 63000 INR per year.
What you need to notify university before admission?
Physical Examination Record with blood test results (Hepatitis B surface antigen, HIV, syphilis, and TB) within six month. Anyone with chronic disease or genetic disease is needed to notify International School. No criminal offense Certificate provided by local Police Department within six months.
What are the scholarship Programs Nanjing Medical University offers?
There are various scholarships which Nanjing Medical University offers for international students such as Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS), Confucius Institute Scholarship(CIS), Nanjing Medical University Scholarship etc.
Which language knowledge is required in studying from Nanjing Medical University?
Nanjing Medical University offers MBBS program is in English.
Do you need TOEFL or IELTS scores to take admission in Nanjing Medical University?
Nanjing Medical University require the TOEFL examination or the IELTS for all international applicants whose primary native language is not English and who attend a non-English speaking secondary school. Minimum scores recommended for TOEFL and IELTS are 80 and 6.0. Students also can take the Placement Test at Nanjing Medical University with the passing score.