Xiamen University, China
Xiamen University also famous as Xia Da is the pioneer university discovered by a foreign Chinese- Tan KahKee, in 1921 as the initiation of modern Chinese education. Today, this public research university is one of the top-ranked educational institutions in Southern China, with experts in subjects like Medicine, economics, management, mathematics, law, chemistry, journalism, and communication and also the most desired place for MBBS in China.
XMU is currently working with 2700 and more full-time teachers and researchers from which 22 are the members of the Chinese Academy of Science. With 82 undergraduate programs, 276 graduate programs, and 187 PhD programs, Xiamen University is the largest teaching and Research University. Xiamen University is well known for its first-class education facilities and magnificent environment situated between the dazzling green hills. Xiamen University is progressively becoming an international most favourable University.
Faculties and course offered
XiamenUniversity provides a school of medicine that is the skilled department for medicine. Xiamen University has different departments which are given below:-
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Clinical Medicine
- Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Department of Basic Medicine
- Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science
Courses offered at Xiamen University are as follows
- Humanities and Arts
- Social Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Medicine and Life Sciences
- Earth Sciences and Technology
Benefits of doing MBBS from Xiamen University
Here are a few benefits of doing MBBS from Xiamen University
- Xiamen University has a large number of top-notch proficient, in which many of them are outstanding scientists and leading scholars.
- Excellent libraries with complete resources
- State of art laboratories
- Direct admission in the university
- The amenities offered are renowned.
- The study medium is in English.
- Ranks in the world of Xiamen University are 318.
- Xiamen University ranks 10 for medical education in China which shows it is a top ranker in the medical universities of China.
- Xiamen University provides top knowledgeable education to students
- Xiamen University is with low tuition fees in China for MBBS studies
- Xiamen University is situated between the green hills and blue sky with a magnificent environment.
- Xiamen University is a renowned university that provides a large number of courses in different disciplines.
- Xiamen University gives high-class education to both international and local aspirants.
- Xiamen University has a famous name in academic excellence in China.
- Xiamen University emphasizes providing modern facilities and buildings.
- Xiamen University is the most desirable place for doing MBBS to international aspirants because of the facilities and high-class education provided.
Xiamen University Programs & Fees
- 5+1 Years of English Medium
|Fees||1st Year||2nd Year to 6th Year|
|Visa Ex. & Insurance||
Bedding, Physical Examination
1 RMB- INR 12/- (as on 14th July 2022)
Chinese Government Scholarship
International students studying in China are eligible for Chinese Government Scholarship that is being awarded by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC). This is awarded to the students applying or studying in the universities affiliated to CSC. Every year the CSC online application system starts from December to April. Every university under the CSC affiliation has a different application deadline. It is mandatory to fill the online application form for students applying for Chinese Government Scholarship.
At present 289 universities, Chinese Universities are designated to offer a wide range of programs in science, engineering, fine arts, philosophy, economics, medicine, legal studies, agriculture, history, literature and management under the CSC Scholarship scheme at all levels.
CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS
1. Bilateral Program
The program offers a full or partial scholarship to the students in accordance with the exchange of educational agreements between the Chinese governments and governments of other countries, institutions or international organizations. The program supports undergraduate & graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
Applicants must apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas studies in their home country.
2. Chinese University Program
Scholarship under this program is meant for designated Chinese universities and specific provincial offices in certain provincial regions aiming to recruit international students for graduate studies in China. This program supports undergraduates, postgraduate students and doctoral students.
Applicants shall apply at the universities under this program to avail scholarship.
3. Great Wall Program
This scholarship program under UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) sponsors students and scholars from developing countries to carry out their studies and research in China. The program supports general and senior scholars. Applicants of this program must apply at the National Commissions for UNESCO in their home country.
4. EU Program
It is a full scholarship program encouraging international students from EU member countries to study and research in China. The program also focuses on promoting mutual understanding between China and EU member countries. The program supports undergraduate & graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
Applicants under this category must apply at the Education and Culture, Mission of the P. R. China to the European Union
5. AUN Program
The AUN Program (ASEAN University Network) sponsors students, teachers and scholars from ASEAN member countries to study and research in China. The program offers a full scholarship to the students thereby improving the academic exchange and mutual understanding between China and ASEAN member countries. It supports only the graduate students and the students can apply at AUN Secretariat.
6. PIF Program
This is a program under the full scholarship scheme to sponsor students from Pacific Island countries to study in China. The program supports undergraduates, graduates, general scholars and senior scholars and an application for the same can be applied to Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) Secretariat.
7. WHO Program
This program in association with the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) sponsors international students to study and research in meteorology, hydrology and water resources supervision and management in China. The program supports only graduates and undergraduates. Applicants must apply at the WMO.
- An applicant must be Non-Chinese national and must possess a valid passport with a valid Chinese visa for study in China
- The applicants must present their HSK marks cards depicting their proficiency in Chinese language. However, relaxation can be given to students applying for programs taught in the English Language.
- The applicants must abide by the rules & regulations of the University as well as the Chinese government.
- Undergraduate program applicants of not more than 28 years and must submit high school mark sheets.
- Masters degree applicants of not more than 40 years, a bachelor degree holder and must submit 2 recommendation letters from professors.
- A Doctoral program applicant must be a Master degree holder and not above 45 years of age. Submission of 2 recommendation letters from professors is a mandatory requirement.
Expertise and relevant team of professionals verify and selects the students who are granted pre-admission letters by the mid of June. By the end of June, these must apply for University Scholarship online. Once the applications are scrutinized, the students are awarded the scholarship in the month of September each year. The provincial department where the university is located takes the responsibility of all applications. Each university in the province receives funds and aids from the Provincial Department of Education according to the number of students who have been awarded the scholarship. If the student does not abide by the rules & regulations of the university or the government, the university has the authority to report to the provincial department of education and his/her scholarship is deemed to be terminated with immediate effect. The university or college must submit a comprehensive report of students’ assessment to the provincial department that will help them determine the student’s eligibility for scholarship in the coming year. This report must be submitted in writing by the end of May.
Documents required for Chinese Government Scholarship
- A completely filled the application form
- Notarized copy of highest diploma/degree certificates
- Passport copy
- Reference letters from professors where demanded
- Study Plan
- Copy of Academic transcripts (clear coloured scanned copies)
- Foreigners Health Examination Form
The location of Xiamen University is in the city of Xiamen Fujian China. The weather in Xiamen is excellent for the entire year, its 18 degrees centigrade for the whole year.
The city is known for its mild climate, Hokkien culture, and Gulangyu Island, and also it has low pollution. In 2006, Xiamen was ranked as China's second-"most favourable city for living" and China's "most romantic leisure city" in 2011.
Address: 422 Siming S Rd, Siming District, Xiamen, Fujian, China, 361005
City & Province: Xiamen & Fujian, China
Nearest Airport: Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport
Xiamen University Entry Criteria
- 70% in 10+2
- NEET- 200
- 17 year of age as on 31st December in the year of seeking Admission
What sort of accommodationXiamen University provides for students?
Generally you can find hostel fee for the international students in the university having charges of 1,26,000 INR per year.
Do a unified entrance examination is needed to take admission for international aspirants in Xiamen University?
To take admission for international aspirants currently no entrance examination is needed. Aspirants who will pass the verification of eligibility or qualification, for the related college or school then the institute will take a video interview assessment (via Skype), checking the aspirant's language communication skills, academic abilities, overall merit, etc.
Which language knowledge is required in studying from Xiamen University?
Xiamen University offers MBBS program is in English.
What are the programs which are available in XMU?
(1) Bachelor’s Programs(2) Master's Programs(3) Doctoral Programs
Can currently aspirants in China apply for the CSC-Chinese University Program in Xiamen University?
Yes aspirants can apply currently in China for the CSC-Chinese University Program. A fixed number of places are offered to current international aspirants in China, and every year, 5 places are available maximum. Aspirants who are interested in applying can check the guidelines for the current year.