Wuhan University, China
Wuhan University is a national research university in China that was established in the year 1893. Wuhan University is one of the highlighted and key comprehensive universities that come under the "985 Project" and "211 Project. Initially, it was founded as Ziqiang in the Qing government by Zhang Zhidong who was the governor of Huguang. After its development and evolution the university named National Wuhan University in 1928. The impressive study achievements have won Wuhan University's extensive international reputation. The university has established cooperative relations with 275 universities and scientific research institutions in 49 countries and regions. Wuhan University is constantly trying to provide intellectual support for economic construction and social development for the nation.
Wuhan University Facts & Figures
- Wuhan University has a total of 40 Colleges and schools and 3 affiliated hospitals.
- University covers a campus area of about 5195muhaving a total floor area comprised of 2660047 square meters.
- Currently, more than 19699 postgraduate students, 29405 undergraduates, and 2453 international students are enrolled in the university.
- 7325 professionals and technical faculty have given their service to the university including the university hospitals.
Wuhan University Faculty
Wuhan University has almost 40 schools or departments. Some of the different disciplines are listed below:-
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Clinical Medicine
- Public Health
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
Benefits of Doing MBBS from Wuhan University
- The degree of the university is highly recognized by the Indian Medical Council and the World Health Organization.
- Students who complete the MBBS course from this university are eligible to take the medical licensing exam and can practice in their own country or the university itself.
- The university environment is very suitable for medical research.
- The faculty and staff of the university are of high quality, strong cooperation ability, knowledgeable, and ready to provide support to students.
- The university has good infrastructure and modern facilities for the benefit of students. The eligibility criteria of this university are easy to achieve and the admission process is worry-free.
- Wuhan University is a renowned university that provides a large number of courses in different disciplines.
- The University has a famous name in academic excellence in China.
- Wuhan University gives high-class education to both international and local aspirants.
Wuhan University Programs & Fees
- 5+1 Years of English Medium
|Fees||1st Year||2nd Year to 6th Year|
|Visa Ext. & Insurance||
*NOTE: MISC CHARGES to be paid in the University in 1st year 2500RMB-3000RMB
** 1 RMB- INR 12/- (as on 14th July 2022)
** Amount is subject to change as per the exchange rates
Chinese Government Scholarship
International students studying in China are eligible for Chinese Government Scholarship that is being awarded by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC). This is awarded to the students applying or studying in the universities affiliated to CSC. Every year the CSC online application system starts from December to April. Every university under the CSC affiliation has a different application deadline. It is mandatory to fill the online application form for students applying for Chinese Government Scholarship.
At present 289 universities, Chinese Universities are designated to offer a wide range of programs in science, engineering, fine arts, philosophy, economics, medicine, legal studies, agriculture, history, literature and management under the CSC Scholarship scheme at all levels.
Chinese Government Scholarship Programs
1. Bilateral Program
The program offers a full or partial scholarship to the students in accordance with the exchange of educational agreements between the Chinese governments and governments of other countries, institutions or international organizations. The program supports undergraduate & graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
Applicants must apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas studies in their home country.
2. Chinese University Program
Scholarship under this program is meant for designated Chinese universities and specific provincial offices in certain provincial regions aiming to recruit international students for graduate studies in China. This program supports undergraduates, postgraduate students and doctoral students.
Applicants shall apply at the universities under this program to avail scholarship.
3. Great Wall Program
This scholarship program under UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) sponsors students and scholars from developing countries to carry out their studies and research in China. The program supports general and senior scholars. Applicants of this program must apply at the National Commissions for UNESCO in their home country.
4. EU Program
It is a full scholarship program encouraging international students from EU member countries to study and research in China. The program also focuses on promoting mutual understanding between China and EU member countries. The program supports undergraduate & graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
Applicants under this category must apply at the Education and Culture, Mission of the P. R. China to the European Union
5. AUN Program
The AUN Program (ASEAN University Network) sponsors students, teachers and scholars from ASEAN member countries to study and research in China. The program offers a full scholarship to the students thereby improving the academic exchange and mutual understanding between China and ASEAN member countries. It supports only the graduate students and the students can apply at AUN Secretariat.
6. PIF Program
This is a program under the full scholarship scheme to sponsor students from Pacific Island countries to study in China. The program supports undergraduates, graduates, general scholars and senior scholars and an application for the same can be applied to Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) Secretariat.
7. WHO Program
This program in association with the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) sponsors international students to study and research in meteorology, hydrology and water resources supervision and management in China. The program supports only graduates and undergraduates. Applicants must apply at the WMO.
- An applicant must be Non-Chinese national and must possess a valid passport with a valid Chinese visa for study in China
- The applicants must present their HSK marks cards depicting their proficiency in the Chinese language. However, relaxation can be given to students applying for programs taught in the English Language.
- The applicants must abide by the rules & regulations of the University as well as the Chinese government.
- Undergraduate program applicants of not more than 28 years and must submit high school mark sheets.
- Masters degree applicants of not more than 40 years, a bachelor degree holder and must submit 2 recommendation letters from professors.
- A Doctoral program applicant must be a Master degree holder and not above 45 years of age. Submission of 2 recommendation letters from professors is a mandatory requirement.
Expertise and relevant team of professionals verify and selects the students who are granted pre-admission letters by the mid of June. By the end of June, these must apply for University Scholarship online. Once the applications are scrutinized, the students are awarded the scholarship in the month of September each year. The provincial department where the university is located takes the responsibility of all applications. Each university in the province receives funds and aids from the Provincial Department of Education according to the number of students who have been awarded the scholarship. If the student does not abide by the rules & regulations of the university or the government, the university has the authority to report to the provincial department of education and his/her scholarship is deemed to be terminated with immediate effect. The university or college must submit a comprehensive report of students’ assessment to the provincial department that will help them determine the student’s eligibility for scholarship in the coming year. This report must be submitted in writing by the end of May.
Documents required for Chinese Government Scholarship
- A completely filled the application form
- Notarized copy of highest diploma/degree certificates
- Passport copy
- Reference letters from professors where demanded
- Study Plan
- Copy of Academic transcripts (clear coloured scanned copies)
- Foreigners Health Examination Form
Wuhan University is situated in Wuhan, Hubei, People’s Republic of China. The city Wuhan is the capital of Hubei province and comes in a humid subtropical climate zone region having an annual temperature ranges from 16.5 degrees centigrade.
Address: Wuchang District, Wuhan, Hubei, China, 430072
City & Province: Wuhan, Hubei, China
Nearest Airport: Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
Wuhan University Entry Criteria
- 70% in 10+2
- NEET- 200
- 17 year of age as on 31st December in the year of seeking Admission
Other Top Universities in China
Nanjing Medical University
Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Tianjin Medical University
Tianjin & Liaoning, China
North Sichuan Medical University
Nanchong & Sichuan, China
What sort of accommodationWuhan Universityprovides for students?
Generally you can find hostel fee for the international students in the university having charges of 1,26,000 INR per year.
Which language knowledge is required in studying from Wuhan University?
Wuhan University offers MBBS program is in English.
Do a unified entrance examination is needed to take admission for international aspirants in Wuhan University?
To take admission for international aspirants currently no entrance examination is needed. Aspirants who will pass the verification of eligibility or qualification, for the related college or school then the institute will take a video interview assessment (via Skype), checking the aspirant's language communication skills, academic abilities, overall merit, etc.
What are the programs which are available in Wuhan University?
(1) Bachelor’s Programs (2) Master's Programs (3) Doctoral Programs
Can currently aspirants in China apply for the CSC-Chinese University Program in Wuhan University?
Yes aspirants can apply currently in China for the CSC-Chinese University Program. A fixed number of places are offered to current international aspirants in China, and every year, 5 places are available maximum. Aspirants who are interested in applying can check the guidelines for the current year.