Tianjin Medical University, China
Tianjin Medical University was established in the year 1994 as a collaboration of two colleges Tianjin Medical College and Tianjin Second Medical College. Initially, there was a Tianjin Medical college which started in the year 1951. It is situated in Heping District; Tianjin P.R. China. The first former president of Tianjin Medical University (TMU) was a professor Xianyi ZNU who was renowned as an endocrinologist and medical Educationist. TMU also became “211 Project” national university in the year 1996 and finally developed with the help of national health & family planning commission, People’s Government of Tianjin and ministry of education. In the year 2017, the university got selected for the national development plan of 1st class disciplines.
MBBS in Tianjin Medical University Facts & Figures
- The university is actively committed to national higher education in the medical field and is one of the first two nationally authorized medical institutions to carry out eight-year medical education.
- TMU have six university hospitals and two wide-range campuses.
- Tianjin Medical University currently offers 21 disciplines for bachelor programme having 21 schools and 2 branches.
- Currently, more than 9687 full-time students, 5162 undergraduates, 3089 master’s students, 465 PhD students and 971 international students are enrolled in the university.
- 8189 professionals and technical faculty have given their service to the university including the university hospitals. In which there are 633 professors, 1072 associate professors and 669 full-time teachers in the university on campus.
Tianjin Medical University provides a school of medicine that is the skilled department for medicine. Tianjin Medical University has different disciplines which are given below:-
- Clinical Medicine
- Medical Imaging
- Medical Laboratory
- Preventive Medicine
- Biomedical Engineering
Benefits of doing MBBS from Tianjin Medical University
- Tianjin Medical University is a well-known university that offers a large number of courses in different disciplines.
- University has very smooth management and admission process.
- TMU provides high-quality education for international and local aspirants.
- The university library has a collection of 510,000 books and more than 3,000 periodicals and is designated as a central library by the Ministry of Health.
- TMU offers various scholarships to the international students such as Wang Kechang Scholarship, Zhu Xianyi Scholarships, People Scholarship etc.
- TMU gives high-class education to both international and local aspirants.
- The amenities offered are renowned.
- The study medium is in English.
- University has all the necessary modern teaching and living facilities and a good environment, and there is a simulated hospital in the basement for students to conduct clinical internships before and after the clinical courses.
Tianjin Medical University Programs & Fees
- 5+1 Years of English Medium
|Fees||1st Year||2nd Year to 6th Year|
Visa Extension &
*NOTE: 1 RMB- INR 12/- (as on 14th July 2022)
** Amount is subject to change as per the exchange rates
Chinese Government Scholarship
International students studying in China are eligible for Chinese Government Scholarship that is being awarded by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC). This is awarded to the students applying or studying in the universities affiliated to CSC. Every year the CSC online application system starts from December to April. Every university under the CSC affiliation has a different application deadline. It is mandatory to fill the online application form for students applying for Chinese Government Scholarship.
At present 289 universities, Chinese Universities are designated to offer a wide range of programs in science, engineering, fine arts, philosophy, economics, medicine, legal studies, agriculture, history, literature and management under the CSC Scholarship scheme at all levels.
CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS
1. Bilateral Program
The program offers a full or partial scholarship to the students in accordance with the exchange of educational agreements between the Chinese governments and governments of other countries, institutions or international organizations. The program supports undergraduate & graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
Applicants must apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas studies in their home country.
2. Chinese University Program
Scholarship under this program is meant for designated Chinese universities and specific provincial offices in certain provincial regions aiming to recruit international students for graduate studies in China. This program supports undergraduates, postgraduate students and doctoral students.
Applicants shall apply at the universities under this program to avail scholarship.
3. Great Wall Program
This scholarship program under UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) sponsors students and scholars from developing countries to carry out their studies and research in China. The program supports general and senior scholars. Applicants of this program must apply at the National Commissions for UNESCO in their home country.
4. EU Program
It is a full scholarship program encouraging international students from EU member countries to study and research in China. The program also focuses on promoting mutual understanding between China and EU member countries. The program supports undergraduate & graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
Applicants under this category must apply at the Education and Culture, Mission of the P. R. China to the European Union
5. AUN Program
The AUN Program (ASEAN University Network) sponsors students, teachers and scholars from ASEAN member countries to study and research in China. The program offers a full scholarship to the students thereby improving the academic exchange and mutual understanding between China and ASEAN member countries. It supports only the graduate students and the students can apply at AUN Secretariat.
6. PIF Program
This is a program under the full scholarship scheme to sponsor students from Pacific Island countries to study in China. The program supports undergraduates, graduates, general scholars and senior scholars and an application for the same can be applied to Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) Secretariat.
7. WHO Program
This program in association with the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) sponsors international students to study and research in meteorology, hydrology and water resources supervision and management in China. The program supports only graduates and undergraduates. Applicants must apply at the WMO.
- An applicant must be Non-Chinese national and must possess a valid passport with a valid Chinese visa for study in China
- The applicants must present their HSK marks cards depicting their proficiency in the Chinese language. However, relaxation can be given to students applying for programs taught in the English Language.
- The applicants must abide by the rules & regulations of the University as well as the Chinese government.
- Undergraduate program applicants of not more than 28 years and must submit high school mark sheets.
- Masters degree applicants of not more than 40 years, a bachelor degree holder and must submit 2 recommendation letters from professors.
- A Doctoral program applicant must be a Master degree holder and not above 45 years of age. Submission of 2 recommendation letters from professors is a mandatory requirement.
Expertise and relevant team of professionals verify and selects the students who are granted pre-admission letters by the mid of June. By the end of June, these must apply for University Scholarship online. Once the applications are scrutinized, the students are awarded the scholarship in the month of September each year. The provincial department where the university is located takes the responsibility of all applications. Each university in the province receives funds and aids from the Provincial Department of Education according to the number of students who have been awarded the scholarship. If the student does not abide by the rules & regulations of the university or the government, the university has the authority to report to the provincial department of education and his/her scholarship is deemed to be terminated with immediate effect. The university or college must submit a comprehensive report of students’ assessment to the provincial department that will help them determine the student’s eligibility for scholarship in the coming year. This report must be submitted in writing by the end of May.
Documents required for Chinese Government Scholarship
- A completely filled the application form
- Notarized copy of highest diploma/degree certificates
- Passport copy
- Reference letters from professors where demanded
- Study Plan
- Copy of Academic transcripts (clear coloured scanned copies)
- Foreigners Health Examination Form
The location of Tianjin Medical University is in the city of Tianjin, China. Tianjin is located near Beijing; climate of Tianjin is also characterized by four distinct seasons’ spring, summer, autumns and winter. The city average temperature can reach 26 C (79 F) or even higher, and January is the coldest, with an average temperature of -4 C (25 F).
Address: 93H4+RRX, Yongyang W Ave, Wuqing District, Tianjin, China, 301700
City & Province: Tianjin & Liaoning, China
Nearest Airport: Tianjin Binhai International Airport
Tianjin Medical University Entry Criteria
- 70% in 10+2
- NEET- 200
- 17 year of age as on 31st December in the year of seeking Admission
What are the scholarship Programs University offers?
There are various scholarships which TMU offers for international students such as Wang Kechang Scholarship, Zhu Xianyi Scholarships, and People Scholarship etc.
What sort of accommodation TMU provides for students?
Generally you can find triple share bedroom for the international students in the university having charges of 7500-11000 Yuan/bed/year.
What are the things you need to take admission at Tianjin Medical University?
The aspirants must be over 18 and less than 30 years old having high performing school graduate. Other things to be needed are Graduation certificates, high-school diplomas transcripts and financial guarantees.
Which language knowledge is required in studying Tianjin Medical University?
Tianjin Medical University offers bachelor program in English for whom native language is not Chinese.
What you need to notify university before admission?
Physical Examination Record with blood test results (Hepatitis B surface antigen, HIV, syphilis, and TB) within six month. Anyone with chronic disease or genetic disease is needed to notify International School. No criminal offense Certificate provided by local Police Department within six months.