MBBS in Italy
MBBS in Italy is well known for its high reputation education structure that offers MD programs for EU (European) and Non-EU medical aspirants. The course duration of the MD program is 6 years. The medical aspirants you want to get admission to Italian medical universities must require the following eligibility: NEET Certificate, IMAT (International Medical Admission Test) scorecard, 50% in 10+2 with PCB. IMAT score is mandatory up to 50 for Indian medical aspirants to get admission to the MD program in Italy. NMC and WHO globally recognize more than 12+ medical universities in Italy. The overall tuition fee for Indian medical aspirants is very affordable, between 200 to 4000 Euros annually with a living expense of 600 Euros. The universities also offer various scholarship programs to international students as per the academic performances. Once the medical students get a medical degree, they can work in Italy or sit in NEXT (National Exit Test) screening test to practice and get a medical license in India.
Located in South-central Europe, Italy is a peninsula surrounded by various islands. Italy shares its borders with France, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, Vatican City and San Marino. The ancient city of Rome is the capital of Italy. Italy is the third most populous country of the European Union. Historically, Italy has been home to myriad people and cultures due to its geographical location. Despite being one of the ancient countries, it is also one of the most developed ones in the European Union. The fashion industry of Italy is known to the world. Around 35% of the Italian territory is mountainous terrain. The Apennine Mountains stand high as the peninsula’s backbone. Italy’s highest point is located on the Mont Blanc and the Alps range constitutes most of its northern boundary. Italy has 14 volcanoes out of which 4 are active. The climate in the Italian region is highly diverse. The climate ranges from humid subtropical to humid continental and oceanic in the northern and central regions. The Po Valley region mostly experiences a continental climate with harsh winters and hot summers. The coastal areas and most of Southern Italy has a Mediterranean climate where the coastal areas on the high altitudes are cold, wet and often snowy. The lower coastal regions have mild and warm winters with generally dry summers. The lowland valleys can be very hot during summers. The average winters temperature ranges from 0°C to 12 °C in the Alps while that of summers goes higher to 20°C-25°C. The northern area is long, foggy and snowy periods while in the south it is mild. Summers are hot and humid in the country while springs and autumns are often accompanied by thunderstorms.
Italy has the world’s 8th largest economy and is the world’s 6th largest manufacturing country. Italy alone represents over 500 million consumers of the European market. The common currency of the Euro was introduced in 2002 by Italy. Coming to tourism, it is the 5th most visited country in the world as per 2016 reports. The population of Italy includes about 10% of Romanian citizens of the total population followed by the Albanians and Moroccans apart from the major Italian population. As of 2016 reports, about 5.5 million international students constituted 8.3%b of the total population in Italy. Italian is the official and the most spoken language of the country. The other minority recognized languages spoken in the country include Albanian, German, Catalan, Greek, Slovene, French, Croatian, Franco-Provencal, Ladin, Friulian, Sardinian and Occitan. Romanian, Arabic and Spanish respectively are the 3rd, 4th and 5th most commonly spoken languages. Roman Catholic Christians constitute a major part of the population.
Education is Italy for 6-16years is free and mandatory. The 5 stages of education include- kindergarten, primary school, lower secondary school, upper secondary school and university. The first 8 years of the education are spent in primary education where basic education of Italian, English, natural sciences, mathematics, history, geography, physical education, social sciences music and visual arts is given. Secondary education involves the next 5 years and then the university. As of 2019, 33 universities of Italy ranks among the top 500 of the world.
Study MBBS in Italy for Indian Students
Off lately, awareness among the students has been created to study MBBS Abroad. Students who are unable to get a seat in India due to any reason are no more willing to waste their years of hard work and studies waiting to get admission to a medical college in India. Such students have learnt about the advantages of studying MBBS Abroad. With such awareness MBBS in Italy has boomed up as a hot spot for the study of medicine. Considering the facts that Italy has some of the oldest universities in the world that still rank among the top 500, offers education at a very low cost compared to countries like the USA, UK and many European countries, grants scholarships up to 100%, students are very keen to study MBBS in Italy. Italy offers an MBBS course that lasts for 6 years and admission to MBBS in Italy can be sought right after the completion of high school/10+2 or equivalent. The applications for MBBS in Italy start as early as in the months of April, admissions in the month of May/June and academic session in the month of September/October.
Why MBBS in Italy
There are lots of reasons why students are choosing to pursue MBBS in Italy. Just to mention a few, we will list here
- Italy is a hub of some of the world’s top raked universities.
- Italy offers world-class education and is a member of 26 countries of the Schengen Area. The students here get a Schengen visa and can travel to any Schengen countries without a need for a separate visa
- Students qualifying MBBS in Italy are eligible to practice in any of the 26 Schengen countries but the local language is to be learnt
- Universities teaching MBBS in Italy offer up to 100% scholarship to international students. This scholarship is family income-based and not based on student’s marks in 12th & NEET
- One is eligible for MBBS in Italy without any IELTS unless the medium of instruction during the schooling had not been English. For an entry to MBBS in Italy, IMAT (International Medical Admission Test) must be qualified
- The application process for MBBS in Italy is very simple and not cumbersome like those of the UK, USA and some other European countries
- Italy awards an MBBS degree that is internationally recognized. Students doing MBBS in Italy are eligible for licensing examinations of various countries including FMGE
- MBBS in Italy is a 6 years course and the entry to it is right after 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board
- With universities as old as over 100 years, they have rich and vast experience in teaching, have practical teaching methods and a high level of education
- MBBS in Italy starts at a low package. The average tuition fee in any university in Italy is 1000-1500 Euros per year. It goes even below if one is granted a scholarship
- Living cost in Italy is also affordable. An average person needs to spend 20,000-25,000/- per month for his living
- Some courses in Italy offer a 1-year post-study visa which means the student can stay in the country and work for 1-year post his studies
- Italy is an old country with ancient history. Students get to explore a lot and learn about the rich culture of the country
The current IMAT format consists of 4 parts
Section 1 - Logical Reasoning & General Knowledge- This section comprises 22 multiple choice questions, each having 5 options and aims to test the problem-solving skills, understanding, general knowledge, data analysis and inference skills in a candidate.
Section 2, 3 & 4 - Scientific Knowledge- This section comprises 38 multiple choice questions, each having 5 options of answers and aims to test the application of scientific knowledge by the student learnt during the school. The section has 18 questions of Biology, 12 questions from Chemistry, and 8 questions for Physics and mathematics.
In all the test comprises of 60 questions and the test duration is 100 minutes. The maximum score for IMAT is 90 where each correct answer carries 1.5 marks. Each correct answer yields 1.5 marks, 0 for a blank answer and 0.4 points are deducted for every incorrect answer. Each section score is calculated separately, compiled and then ranked.
In case two students achieve the same score, the one scoring high is logical reasoning and general knowledge will be ranked higher. If both the candidates score the same in Section 1, then the one scoring higher in Biology, followed by Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics will be ranked higher. If the score in each of these sections still remains the same, then the candidate holding English proficiency certificate (IELTS/TOEFL) will be ranked high. In case, there is a tie again, then the younger one (in age) will earn an advantage and will be scored higher.
IMAT takes place in the month of September every year and the result of the same can be expected within 2-3 weeks. The registrations for IMAT start in June/July and the fee for IMAT costs 140 Euros. Registration to IMAT can be done only via the university website and the last date is usually in the 3rd or 4th week of July. IMAT exam is scheduled for September.
6 valid justifications to study MBBS in Italy
- Costs: The normal education cost is around 1200 euros/YEAR and everyday costs can be as low as 600 euros/month including settlement. Grants and work potential outcomes are accessible additionally for remote students.
- English trained talks, Books, notes, and all tests will be in a language you can comprehend from day 1. Italian courses are additionally offered so as to support your everyday life, without time pressure.
- Trustworthy colleges: Several of the colleges have 500+ long periods of involvement with educating drug.
- European MD degree Your degree will permit you to practice and practice all around Europe, including the UK. The investigations are perceived additionally in the USA for the USMLE test.
- Culture If you're going through six years abroad, why not do it in an excellent nation with extraordinary nourishment, customs, and individuals, in Europe? You will be encompassed by the ocean, the Alps, and stunning lakes in the north that you will love visiting. See with your own eyes why they call it la dolce vita.
- Student trade programs Spend a semester or a year in an accomplice college in Europe, doing all the tests and clinical work that a neighbourhood student would do, and get certified for them too. A few colleges like Pavia additionally offer trades with the USA.