When you receive the offer letter confirming your acceptance of a position at a university, you must submit a confirmation of enrollment (COE) as evidence that you are eligible to enrol there. You'll require it if you want to study in Australia on a student visa. Your COE includes details about you, the programme you are enrolled in, the anticipated cost, and the length of your study. We have covered everything you need to know about the Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) in this blog.
What is Coe (Confirmation of Enrolment)?
A recognised educational institution (such a university) will give an international student who wants to enrol and study there an electronic document called a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE). An official Confirmation of Enrolment, or COE, is the only accepted document for international students to use when requesting a student visa from the Department of Home Affairs of the Australian Government.
What is Conditional Coe?
You might be able to accept a conditional offer that is contingent upon final results early and receive a conditional Confirmation of Enrolment (COE). For assistance with the student visa application, a conditional COE is provided. Your admission to your programme is subject to your ability to satisfy and provide evidence that you have satisfied the conditions, which are mentioned on the COE. You will be granted a conditional COE if you satisfy the requirements listed below:
- You're enrolled in your final college term.
- You've met the criteria in English.
- You've provided official proof of your academic credentials.
- Completed the application for a conditional COE
How to Get a Confirmation of Enrolment?
Continuing international students who possess a student visa now or are applying for a new one must submit the Confirmation of Enrollment Application. You must always keep track of the dates on your Confirmation of Enrolment and your student visa to make sure they remain valid. To submit an application for a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE), you must:
- Specify your personal details when completing the Confirmation of Enrollment Application.
- Confirmation of Enrollment form: Pay the fees as indicated.
- Once your request for a COE has been reviewed and approved, a copy of the document will be sent to your student email address.
Once you've complied with all the conditions of your offer, paid your tuition price deposit and, if necessary, your Overseas Student Health Cover payment. Up to 5-8 business days may be required for processing.
When Do You Receive Your Confirmation of Enrolment (Coe)?
You won't receive official Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) paperwork until you've finished the following steps:
- You have formally accepted the invitation to study from the university if your application to do so was accepted.
- You have already paid the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) charge for the duration of the selected visa.
- You have already paid your tuition costs and finished the first semester of your study.
What if Your Coe is Cancelled?
Your Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) may be revoked by the University for a number of reasons. Your COE might be cancelled, for instance, if you have:
- Not enrolling in any courses
- You didn't pay your tuition
- You have been prohibited from pursuing further education by the university's Unsatisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- You've made the decision to put off finishing your schooling till later.
- Made the decision to discontinue my university education.
- Selected a different educational institution as a new choice
- Early completion of your education
You will be informed of the termination date if International Student Support cancels your Confirmation of Enrolment (COE). You will then have 28 days to complete one of the following:
- Give up Australia
- Obtain a different type of visa.
- Requesting the reinstatement of your COE
Your student visa may be revoked by the Department of Home Affairs at any moment after 28 days.
Sample Letter for Coe