Germany is one of the strongest economies in both the European Union and worldwide. Also, this country is very modest when it comes to its great Educational system. From offering free education to providing great opportunities, this country is well-occupied for all. In Germany, students can find some good Universities as well that do not require IELTS or any kind of language proficiency details. Several courses in such Universities are offered where the IELTS test is not compulsory.
Germany is highly famous for its education and the courses that are offered by them, such as engineering, medicine, law, and many others. One should never miss a chance to study in Germany. Even if the student does not carry the IELTS certificate, they are still provided with scholarships and financial aid.
How is this Possible?
Studying in Germany without language proficiency proof is definitely possible. The students have to provide the Medium Of Instruction certificate (MOI certificate) when applying for admission to the Universities. An MOI certificate is one that is provided by the academic institution where you can complete your previous qualification. It generally states that your language of study was English and this acts as proof of language proficiency. Once the student submits this certificate, there is no need to apply for the IELTS test. Most German Universities easily accept this letter as proof.
Top Universities to Study in Germany Without IELTS
- Flensburg University of Applied Sciences: Flensburg University of Applied Sciences is a University for Vocational higher education. Located in Flensburg, Germany, this University was established in 1886. University offers a wide range of Undergraduate courses along with postgraduate courses. All the Business and International Technical Communication is taught to students in English. It makes it easier for International students to learn since all the modules of the subjects are taught in English.
- University of Kassel: Founded in 1971, the University of Kassel is located in Kassel, Hensen, central Germany. This public University has made special Units for International students, so as to make them feel welcome. Each year many International students take admitted to this reputed University. From offering Hostels to providing venues for meetings and conferences, this University contributes a very generous part to promoting academic and cultural life. Since there are special Units for International students, there is no obligation to learn German or provide language proof, like, IELTS.
- University of Giessen: the University of Giessen or Justus Liebig University Giessen (official name) is one of the oldest and largest public research Universities in Germany. Founded in 1607, this University offers a valuable view of German culture. Here, the students just need the MOI certificate to prove their language of education in previous institutions.
- University of Kiel: Founded in 1665, the University of Kiel, is an institution of education for about 27000 students. Being a student-friendly institute, it focuses greatly on modes of communication. Doing everything to make students feel comfortable, no test certificate is demanded, just the language of the previous academic institution shall be provided.
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences: Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences is a public University that provides above 38 study programs on campus. Almost all the programs are taught in English, which makes it easier for International students to relate to and be eligible for the course.
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences: Officially known as TH Köln, is an institute for higher education. The institute was established in 1971 in Cologne, Germany. TH Köln is the largest University of Applied Sciences in Germany by the number of students, having about 27,000 students. This University offers many student exchange opportunities for International students and has a special International Student Unit.
- Chemnitz University of Technology: With over 9000 students in the University, this Public University is the third largest University in Saxony, Germany. All in all, the university offers 35 bachelor's and 50 master's degree programs. Here on campus, almost 25% of the population is made up of International students.
- Technische Hochschule Deggendorf: The Deggendorf Institute of Technology, founded in 1994, is popular for its wide range of college degrees. In addition to Undergraduate and graduate degrees, it also provides doctoral courses on campus. Located in Deggendorf, Bavaria, Germany, where German is offered as a Foreign Language course along with French, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Russian, and English.
Sometimes, it is hard for college students to be able to pay for the said fees of college, so to ease this burden, there are many government and non-government organizations that provide scholarships to students based on their requirements. The grant is decided after checking the financial position of the student.
DAAD Scholarship Programs (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst): These scholarships are offered to graduate students, scientists, researchers, and exchange students. Every year about 1,00,000 scholarships are given to both German and international researchers. Being a Government scholarship, it focuses on strengthening International academic relations. To post-graduate students, the amount of 850EUR and to doctoral students 1200EUR is given so students can pursue full-time courses. In this scholarship, tuition fees, monthly allowance, international study tours, and medical insurance is covered by the government. Also, no work experience is mandatory in this program.
IU Germany’s Largest Scholarship: This is Germany’s largest scholarship program for study which covers about 80% of the tuition fees at private Universities.
The process for admission remains the same as for applying for any German study program, however, in the case where the student does not have the language proficiency certificate, the students have to search for the Universities that accept the students without the certificate demand. Also in place of the IELTS certificate, the students have to get the MOI (Mode Of Instruction) Certificate from their previous institution of academic qualification. This certificate makes up for the language proof, and IELTS is no longer needed. The rest of the students have to fill up the application along with the documents and passport-sized photographs. Also once the admission gets finalized, the students can easily apply for the VISA as well, using the acceptance from the University. And again the rest of the part for the VISA application remains the same, just like other courses with an IELTS certificate.