Ranked among the favorite study-abroad destinations, Australia is one of top five countries, where the international students seek admission. Every year, a great number of students move to Australia for better study options.
It is seen that with the increasing number of applications from students wishing to study abroad, it is becoming a competition to get enrolled in the preferred courses. This is the main reason that students must know about the intakes for Australia. Since, Students should apply for intake according to the courses they wish to get admission in. There are mainly 3 intakes for Australia, February, July and November. To get to know which intake is meant for you, we have covered it all for you in this blog.
Australian Universities accept 3 intakes which are also known as Semester 1, Semester 2 and Semester 3. Semester 1 intake starts in February, Semester 2 in July and Semester 3 in November. Among all Semester 1 Intake is the most preferable since, in this intake students get a wide range of choice in terms of Universities and courses. After missing the 1st intake, the second best option is Semester 2 intake, in this one, students get fewer options than the first one, however, it still has more than the 3rd Semester intake. Also when counting the applications, February intake has the most applications, whose number gradually decreases in the other 2 intakes.Along with the number of scholarships and financial aids is the most in February intake.
The February intake generally goes from February till early June. After this comes the July Intake, and generally this lasts from late July till September. And lastly, we have November intake, which lasts from November till January.
Why is February Intake So Preferred?
The February intake is the most preferred out of all the other intakes, since it provides large options of courses. In this Intake, students not only get a wide range of choice, however, they also get better chances at scholarships and admission at the best colleges. February intake students also have all the opportunity to get better facilities when coming to accommodation. All this make the February intake to be the most preferred one.
When to Apply for the Intakes?
There are deadlines for application for each intake. There is one primary intake that is February Intake. And the others are July and November intake.
The deadlines for all these intakes are as follows:
1. February Intake: October-November
2. July Intake: April-May
3. November Intake: August-September
It is very crucial to submit the admission application before the deadline of the intakes. There shall be no delays since the Universities might not accept any application after the deadline has passed.
Also students who wish to pursue Master's in Australia must know that the process for their intake is very different from that of Under-graduation students. They are said to be Round 1, Round 2 and Round 3, however, some Universities also have scholarship and application for the course deadlines as well.
Australia is a popular choice for International students after the United Kingdom, due to its great Education Facilities. Almost 6 rounds are there for the Intake for the Master's students, however, these may vary from University to University. It is recommended to complete the application process before Round 4 which starts in Early February. Round system for the intakes starts in the particular months, which are as follows:
1. Round 1: Early August
2. Round 2: Early October
3. Round 3: Early November
4. Round 4: Early February
5. Round 5: Early April
6. Round 6: Mid June
It is commonly advised to apply correctly after checking the college/University website, so to not miss the opportunity.
Eligibility Criteria for Intakes in Australia:
Students must know about all the eligibility requirements before applying for any kind of course in Australian Universities. It is just like any other admission process, which includes,
1. Academic Qualification proof
2. Language proficiency tests proof (mainly IELTS, TOEFL)
3. valid passport and student visa
We shall discuss some of them in detail:
Students who wish to study in Australia, should have all the academic qualifications to prove previous studies. For example, when applying for the Graduation degree, you need the proof for the senior secondary education, and in the case of post-graduation degree, you need proof of graduation. All this is needed because Universities need to make sure that the student can take the level of the program and to make sure that student comes from a recognized institution.
Language Proficiency tests:
International students need to clear the English language proficiency tests. Since Australian Universities have the instruction mode set to English language. Tests like IELTS and TOEFL are meant for the students whose native language is not English.
Universities and Their Deadlines:
1. The University of Sydney: The University of Sydney, also known as Sydney University, is a public research University which was established in 1850. Located in Sydney, Australia, this University is one of the best 6 Universities in Australia. Having received Royal Charter by Queen Victoria in 1858, University brags its glorious history.The Universities provide different Undergraduate and postgraduate courses, mostly professional degrees, specialist degrees and liberal studies degrees. The courses that are offered are namely, arts, architecture, design and many more. Admission to the University of Sydney does not need a separate entrance exam, however, each course will have its own eligibility and entry requirements. Deadline for application: 31st January of commencing year, since the semester stars in February.
2. Curtin University Australia: Curtin University is a public University based in Bentley, Perth, West Australia.Being, the first technological university in Australia, was established in 1966. Curtin is among the top 1% of universities worldwide. Offering more than 200 undergraduate courses, the University has a wide range of subjects to choose from. Also, International students at Curtin University are eligible for various scholarship programs. The deadline at this University for International students is Monday 23 January 2023 at 4:30 pm.
3. RMIT University: Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology also known as the RMIT University, is a public research university in Melbourne, Australia. The university was founded in 1887, by Francis Ormond.RMIT University's admissions process is highly competitive, with an average acceptance rate of 22%, which makes it even more necessary to fill out the application before the deadline. For semester 1 the students need to apply by December end.
Documents Requirement for the Intake:
When applying for the Australian Universities, the documentation process is quite an essential part. The students should carry the following documents so to avoid any kind of rejection for the unnecessary reasons:
1. academic proofs (senior secondary certificate in case of graduation admission, and graduation certificate in case of post graduation admission)
2. language proficiency proof
3. Resume or CV
4. Financial resources proof (to cover for the stay in Australia)
5. Work experience record (if any)
6. Passport and student visa
7. passport sized photographs
8. Statement of purpose
9. Letter of acceptance from the University