Over the past few years, Australia has seen a steady influx of immigrants from all over the world settling there permanently. Did you know that Indians are Australia's third-largest immigration group? Despite the pandemic, Australia continued to accept PR applications in 2020, with 7.5 million people coming over as immigrants.
For many people, living a high-quality life in Australia has become a popular choice. As a result, many people ask how to obtain permanent residency in Australia. One may only obtain it in this regard if they have been in the nation for four years. For this reason, they require an Australian PR Visa. In the parts that follow, we went into great length about it. To learn about the qualifying requirements and paths for the PR procedure in Australia, keep reading this article.
Eligibility Requirements for the Australian Pr:
You must meet the following conditions in order to be eligible for Australian PR:
The Point's Grid requires a minimum of 65 points.
Candidates must be proficient in English.
To be eligible for Australian citizenship, you must be under 45 years old.
Based on employment and educational background, the officials will conduct a skills evaluation.
Make sure your profession is on Australia's Demand List before submitting it.
Last but not least, you must be in good physical and moral condition. Now that you are aware of the requirements for Australian PR, let's move on to the application procedure.
How to Get Pr: Step by Step
The Australia PR process is outlined in the following phases. To prevent more delays, heed this advice:
Step 1: Check Your Eligibility First
In Australia, determining your eligibility is the first stage in the application process for a permanent residency. Check the appropriate visa option on the Department of Home Affairs website to get started. Learn about the application's additional elements, such as the costs, processing time, and required papers. Last but not least, keep in mind that you should select the routes that are best for you based on your education, experience, and talent.
Step 2: Pass a Test to Assess Your Skills.
You may examine the level of your talents with many evaluation organisations. As a consequence, it serves as evidence to demonstrate if the applicants are qualified for the specific job for which they are applying.
Step 3:Interest Expression Submission
You must fill out this form to demonstrate interest in Australia's SkillSelect programme. The visas of Australian skilled workers are managed through an online system. This method bases the points it awards on seven different factors. It takes into account a candidate's talent, age, education, job history, language, etc. Keep in mind that you must score more than 65 points to be eligible for the procedure.
Step 4: Wait and Apply
Once you have finished all of the aforementioned procedures, all that is left to do is wait for DHA Australia to issue you an ITA. Nevertheless, if you accept an invitation, you must apply and submit the required paperwork within 60 days, failing which the offer will expire.
What Are the Documents Required for the Pr in Australia?
The following papers are needed for PR in Australia:
- Educational certificates
- Employer referral letter
- Bank statement (for the previous three months)
- Hike or offer letter
- English language proficiency result certificate
- Medical and police certificate in case DIBP asks for it
- Salary slip
- A passport that has more than six months of validity
- Statement fund proof (cash, bonds, shares, etc.)
- Income tax statement (for the previous three months)
What Are the Different Pathways to Apply for Australian Pr From India?
You can apply for a PR in Australia via:
- Family Stream Permanent Residency Visa
- Partner Provisional Visa or Subclass 309 Visa
- Australia Visa for Dependent Children
- Business or Investment PR Visa
- Work Stream Permanent Residency Visa
1.Family Stream Permanent Residency Visa:
An Australian family stream visa is another option for immigration. You will be given preference if you are a member of the family, the spouse or partner, or the dependent child of an Australian permanent resident. Other family members, such as elderly and dependent relatives, carers, etc., can also go. In order to make it easier for people to bring their parents to Australia, immigration officials have actually developed Temporary Parent Visas. However, there are some circumstances, such as -
- The youngster must be an Australian citizen on a permanent basis.
- The resident's income must be taxable, or the partners' combined income must be less than AUD 83 454 within the specific financial year.
- The public health agency or the commonwealth are not owed any money.
- Police checks are conducted as appropriate.
- The partner of the person cannot also be a parent sponsor.
- Have a salary that will allow you to support your parents.
1.1 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must be the permanent resident's adoptive parent, biological parent, parent-in-law, or step-parent.
- They must be properly covered by health insurance for the duration of their stay in Australia.
- Applicants must only plan a brief stay in Australia.
- Enough money to cover their expenses while they are in Australia.
- Meet the system's standards for character and health.
- Satisfy the prerequisites for earlier Australian visas.
2.Partner Provisional Visa or Subclass 309 Visa:
Obtaining a partner provisional visa or a subclass 309 visa is another route to apply for Australian immigration from India. If you fall into one of the categories listed above, you are eligible to receive permanent residency if you are the spouse of an eligible Australian or New Zealander citizen who is only permitted to visit the nation temporarily. Those that fit this description may:
- Learn in Australia
- Get a job in Australia
- They have the freedom to come and go from Australia as they like and have access to the country's free medical care programme.
- Join the Adult Migrant English program's free English language sessions for up to 510 hours.
3.Australia Visa for Dependent Children:
Various types of children are eligible for different visa options. Immigrants may enter the country with their stepchild, natural child, or adopted kid, for instance. Parents must, however, possess a PR visa. The following are the subclasses of child visas:
- Child Visa 101
- Child Visa 102
- Child Visa 802
- Child Visa 445
4.Business or Investment Pr Visa:
With this choice, anyone can do business in Australia. However, applicants must have a provisional visa subclass 188 with a one-year validity period and meet certain financial requirements in order to be eligible. Additionally, it permits senior executives, foreign business owners, and investors to visit Australia and conduct new or ongoing business there. Criteria for Eligibility:
- Candidates are younger than 55 years old.
- They have a prepared strategy with all the specifics and a desire to invest in Australia.
- Based on factors such as education, age, employment history, and financial decisions, he or she should have at least 65 points.
5.Work Stream Permanent Residency Visa:
A workstream visa might be an excellent option if you are looking to obtain permanent residency in Australia from India. This encompasses the following categories:
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189): This Australian PR visa has a 5-year validity period and allows holders to apply for citizenship indefinitely.
- Skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory are eligible for the Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190). You will need to present sufficient evidence, nevertheless, to demonstrate that you are on the Skilled Occupation List.
- The Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 491) programme was established by the authorities to satisfy the need for skilled workers in particular Australian areas. You must meet the skill requirements and get a nomination from a territory or a state in order to be eligible for this visa. You can now stay in the nation for four years thanks to this.
5.5.Criteria for Eligibility:
- Candidates must be under the age of 45.
- From the list of skilled occupations, they ought to be proposed.
- An Australian territory or state should choose the applicants.
- They must be at least competent in English.
- expert evaluation by the appropriate authorities
- The required standards for character and health should be met.
- Candidates must possess the score required by Visa authorities.
What is the Processing Time and Cost for the Visa?
In order to apply for Australian immigration, an applicant must go through a number of procedures. The time needed to finish each phase of the procedure varies. However, it typically takes three to five months to complete the process in its entirety. Additionally, if you are applying as a primary applicant, you might need to make a payment of AUD 4115.
How to Track the Application Process for the Australian Pr?
Simply follow the steps listed below to complete the process:
Step 1: Go to the official VEVO page for Australia.
Step 2: Select the "check your visa details with VEVO" option. The screen for inquiries will appear.
Step 3: You must enter the TRN number (transaction reference number), as well as the visa grant number, visa evidence number, password, and other information, in the appropriate fields.
Step 4: Next, enter your birthdate, passport number, and country information in the appropriate sections.
Step 5: Before checking the box, double-check all the information and carefully read the directions.
Step 6: After verifying your information, press the "submit" button. To refeed after finding an error, click the "clear" button.
Step 7: Send your application and all necessary supporting documentation, and have a copy on hand in printed, stored, or email form.
Timing and Address of Australian Visa Application Centres in India
Australian Visa Application Centre, Gujarat Chambers Building, Near Shri Ambica Mills, Ashram Road, 380009, Ahmedabad.
VFS Global Services Pvt Ltd, 1st Floor, Global Tech Park No.11, O Shaughnessy Road, Langford Town, Near Hockey Stadium, 560025, Bengaluru.
Australian Visa Application Centre, Phase 1, Industrial and Business Park, Second Floor, Unit No. B209, Plot No. 178-178A, 160002, Chandigarh.
Australian Visa Application Centre, 2nd Floor Unit 206, Ashoka Capital, Banjara Hills, Rd No. 2, Hyderabad.
Australian Visa Application, Second floor, Fagun tower, Ethiraj Salai Egmore, 600008, Chennai.
VFS Global Services Pvt Ltd, Ground Floor, S&T Arcade Kurisupally Road, Front of Cochin Shipyard Ravipuram, 682015, Cochin.
Australian Application Visa Centre, Aman Plaza, 310 Lajpat Nagar, 3rd Floor, Mahavir Marg, 14400, Jalandhar.
VFS Global Services Pvt Ltd, Rene Tower, Rash Behari Avenue Connector, East Kolkata Township, Sector A, 700107, Kolkata.
Australian Visa Application Centre, 5th Floor, Trade Centre Building, Opposite Bandra Kurla Telephone Exchange, 400051 Mumbai
Australian Visa Application Centre, Ground Floor, Raheja Centre, Nariman Point, 400021 Mumbai.
VFS Global Services Private ltd, 4th floor, Marvel Edge, E core, Viman Nagar, 411014 Pune.
VFS Global Services, Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Mezzanine Level, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught place, 110001, New Delhi.