Australia Partner Visa from India : Spouse Vise Complete Guide

Team JagVimal 27 Mar 2023 760 views

It takes a lot of time and work to complete the Australian spouse visa application procedure. When requesting a spouse visa, you must collect proof for all the necessary paperwork and satisfy a number of qualifying requirements. Also known as an Australian Partner Visa, an Australian Spouse Visa is a legal document. The principal applicant, the Australian spouse, must be a citizen of either Australia or New Zealand or a permanent resident of either country. Your spouse, de facto partner, or fiance, if you are in a committed relationship, can come to Australia with the help of an Australia spouse visa.

Subclass 309 – Partner (Provisional) Visa
Subclass 100 – Partner (Migrant) Visa 
Subclass 820 – Partner Visa (Temporary)
Subclass 801 – Partner Visa (Permanent)
Subclass 300 – Prospective Marriage Visa

The necessary details about the application procedure and funding conditions are provided on the blog. Continue to read.



This visa enables the temporary residence in Australia of the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian national, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand national. The first step in obtaining a permanent Partner visa is obtaining this visa (subclass 801).

  • It is only valid for this specific period of time: Unless your application for a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) is approved or you withdraw it, you may stay temporarily.
  • The permanent Partner visa might be obtained as a result.
  • In order to apply, you must be in Australia.

The majority of applicants may pay as little as AUD8,085 for it. Starting at AUD1,350 for holders of Prospective Marriage visas (subclass 300).Processing of your application can need more time if: It takes time to validate your information because you didn't fill it out properly, you didn't include all the necessary papers, or authorities may need additional information from you. Generally it takes about 6-37 months for the authorities to process the Visa.
With this visa, a de facto partner or spouse of an Australian national, a permanent resident of Australia, or a qualified citizen of New Zealand may remain permanently in Australia. It is often only for those who presently possess a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820).

  1. This is a visa that is valid forever.
  2. An interim Partner visa is required (subclass 820).

By submitting a single application for both a temporary and permanent partner visa, you paid for this one as well. At the moment of eligibility, the processing period for a permanent Partner visa begins. Two years have passed since your application for a visa that combines temporary and permanent partner status. It takes time to validate your information because you didn't fill it out properly, you didn't include all the necessary papers, or authorities may need additional information from you, also it takes time to verify the provided information.


Temporary Partner visa (Subclass 820): VISA TYPE: TEMPORARY
Using the Subclass 801 visa, be converted to Permanent Residency. What is it for?

  • Those who are wed or living together as a couple with your sponsor.
  • While residing in Australia, you are requesting this visa.

 Permanent Partner visa (Subclass 801): VISA TYPE: PERMANENT
At least two years after receiving your Subclass 820 temporary Partner visa, you may apply for this visa. Who is it intended for?

  • The temporary visa you have is Subclass 820.
  • With your Aussie Sponsor, you are still dating.
  • Your partner and you have resided in Australia for more than two years.

Prospective Marriage visa (Subclass 300) or the Fiancé visa: VISA TYPE: NON-IMMIGRANT VISA TYPE

  • Your visa entitles you to a nine-month stay in Australia.
  • In Australia, you can wed your spouse.
  • A temporary partner visa, subclass 820 visa, is then an upgrade option.

 Permanent Partner visa (Subclass 100): VISA TYPE: PERMANENT VISA
After receiving your temporary Subclass 309 visa, you have at least two years to apply for this visa.
For whom is it intended?

  • You are in possession of a temporary visa, subclass 309.
  • Your connection with your Aussie Sponsor is still going strong.
  • You and your partner have been residing in Australia for more than two years.

Provisional Partner visa (Subclass 309): VISA TYPE: TEMPORARY VISA

  • The Subclass 100 visa allows for conversion to Permanent Residence.
  • One year following the application, a visa may be issued.
  • What is it for?
    • You and your sponsor are wed or otherwise legally associated.
    • You're submitting from outside of Australia.
    • Your Australian sponsor must be a New Zealander, an Australian citizen, or a permanent resident.

Dependent Child visa (subclass 445): VISA TYPE: TEMPORARY VISA
When this visa has been approved, you can include the dependent child in your application for a subclass 100 or subclass 801 permanent partner visa.
What is it for?
If your kid, stepchild, or adopted child is under 25, you can pay for their stay and financial needs for at least two years after arriving in Australia.


Below you can find out the eligibility requirements for the Partner Visa that have to be fulfilled in order to attain the Visa

  • The relationship must be committed and long-lasting in order to qualify for an Australian Spouse Visa.
  • Both of you must meet the requirements for good health and moral character.
  • Living together permanently means that you and your spouse.
  • The previous 12 months must have seen you living with a spouse.
  • The applicant must not have had a visa cancelled or an application refused
  • Should not hold certain regional visas
  • Be in Australia when you apply
  • Have no debt to the Australian Government

When you submit your application and while you are on this visa, you and anybody else applying for the visa with you must have a sponsor. Typically, your partner will be your sponsor. Australian authorities must authorise your sponsor. You cannot change your sponsor. When you apply for a visa, the sponsor must continue to sponsor you for two years after authorities issue your temporary partner visa (subclass 820).


It is shown how long it takes to complete 75% and 90% of all applications that are filed globally, with two processing durations given in calendar days.

Subclass 820 – Partner Visa (Temporary) 20 months 27 months
Subclass 801 – Partner Visa (Permanent) 11 months 19 months


From the moment of eligibility through finalisation, processing takes place for subclass 801 Partner (permanent) visas and 100 Partner (permanent) visas. Particularly for companion visas, a substantial amount of supporting documentation is needed to prove your relationship with your spouse. These are not applications you will want to submit again because of the much higher visa application fees for family visas, so make good use of the time to make sure you have given everything necessary to ensure a favourable conclusion.


Fees for an Australia spouse visa from India: around INR 4,20,857

Spouse Or De Facto Visa application 
(Lodged Inside Australia-Sc820/801)

Visa $7,715 is the main applicant's application fee.
$3,860 per accompanying child that is older than 18 years.
$1,935 per accompanying child under the age of 18

Medical Examination an average of $350 for adults and $300 for children
Police Checks The cost for this is determined by the police forces in your nation.
Transition of Documents This is taken into account if you have asked someone to translate any of your documents or certifications.


The processing time for a spouse visa is often one year or longer before the visa is issued. So, it is important to start your application procedure as soon as possible.

  • STEP 1: Get your paperwork ready. It is necessary for you to be ready to utilise any paperwork that may speed up the visa or immigration process.
  • STEP 2: Submit an application for a partner visa for Australia.Applications for partner visas must be submitted online. You must pay the fees and save the receipt after your application for a partner visa has been submitted.
  • STEP 3: Ask the DHA for a decision.The DHA takes many months to make a decision on your partner visa application once you submit it.
  • STEP 4: Wait and obtain consent.You can then secure your visa and begin moving further as necessary after receiving the DHA's clearance.


When switching from a temporary partner visa to a permanent partner visa, you don't have to spend the whole two years living in Australia with your spouse if:

  • You and your Australian partner can prove that you have been together for at least five years.
  • You're married or dating someone who has dependent children. There must have been a minimum of two years between you.
  • Before your spouse had a temporary or permanent visa, you and your spouse had a legal connection.


  • Passport biodata page for the applicant 
  • Passport biodata page for all dependents included in your application 
  • Passport Photo x2 of the applicant
  • Passport Photo x2 of all dependents included in your application
  • Full Birth Certificate of the applicant (“Full” means – showing the names of both parents)
  • Full Birth Certificate of all dependents included in your application
  • Other identity evidence, such as:
  • Family book (where relevant)
  • Court issued documents (where relevant)
  • Change of name evidence, such as:
  • Deed poll (where relevant)
  • Statutory Declaration (where relevant)
  • Marriage Certificate (where relevant)
  • Marriage Certificate (where relevant)
  • Divorce Certificate (where relevant)
  • Joint lease agreement
  • Bond payment
  • Mortgage documents
  • Joint property ownership documents
  • Utility bills showing your joint names
  • Photos of your home
  • Evidence of Correspondence Addressed Jointly, such as:
  • Online orders for books, clothes, shoes etc
  • Letters, cards or invitations sent by mail to you both at your home address – make sure you save the envelopes that show your name, address and the date!
  • Letters from your bank, including bank statements, that show your joint home address
  • Evidence of Joint Financial Commitments, such as:
  • Joint bank account(s)
  • Joint credit or debit cards


  • Parental responsibility documents permitting children under 18 years of age to migrate to Australia (where relevant)
  • Adoption papers for children (where relevant)
  • Where your child is aged 18 years over, make sure they can be included in your application! Special rules apply.
  • Form 80 for dependent children aged 16 years and over.
  • Australian Federal Police Clearance for dependent children aged 16 years and over
  • Offshore Police Clearances for dependent children aged 16 years and over

Our FAQ's

You and your sponsor must demonstrate that you have been in a committed de facto relationship for the whole 12 months previous to submitting your application in order to be approved for a Partner visa as a de facto partner.

You must choose whether to reapply from scratch or file an appeal with the Administrative Appeals Tribunal if your partner visa application has been denied (AAT). In order to prevent your application or appeal from being rejected again, it is important to seek the advice of a migration agency at this stage.

The Australian spouse visa application procedure is difficult and time-consuming. Before submitting an application for a spouse visa, you must gather proof for all the necessary papers and fulfil the prerequisites.

Yes. When you have a visitor's visa to Australia, you can apply for a marriage visa. When applying for a partner visa in Australia, you need to really be in possession of a valid visa

With a Subclass 820 visa, you can stay in the nation with an onshore partner visa. In order to qualify for this form of visa, the applicant must be sponsored by their partner and stay in Australia for two years. Following that, you can submit an application for subclass 801 if you want to establish permanent residence in Australia. Partner Permanent Onshore is the usual name for the visa.

Share this article



Student Accommodation in Australia

Team JagVimal 27 May 2023

Arts Colleges in Australia

Team JagVimal 26 May 2023

Masters of Nursing in Australia

Team JagVimal 25 May 2023

Australian Visa Types

Team JagVimal 24 May 2023

Australian Education System

Team JagVimal 22 May 2023

Popular Posts


Student Accommodation in Australia

Team JagVimal 27 May 2023

Arts Colleges in Australia

Team JagVimal 26 May 2023

Masters of Nursing in Australia

Team JagVimal 25 May 2023

Australian Visa Types

Team JagVimal 24 May 2023

Australian Education System

Team JagVimal 22 May 2023
Enquire now
Get a Quote Call Us Whatsapp