University of East London, United Kingdom
The University of East London is a prominent public institution in the U.K. According to the Q.S. World University Rankings, 2023, the university is one of the top 1000 educational institutions worldwide, and it is home to 25,195 undergraduates from 140 different countries. The institution offers 149 undergraduate programs, 159 graduate programs, and a distance learning course on its two campuses.
Students must have a 2:2 degree or an equivalent (50–60%) to be admitted to the University of East London's graduate programs. To enter some graduate programs, applicants must have a GMAT rating of approximately 590 or an equal GRE score. A high school diploma or an equivalent is required for applicants to the University of East London's undergraduate program.
University of East London Programs & Fees
The University of East London provides 346 courses for different academic degrees through 6 schools. This contains 1 online training course, 169 postgraduate, and 149 undergraduate courses. The institution also provides several programs for professional advancement and research.
The University of East London offers 318 courses in its full-time program. The University of East London offers part-time education options for about 250 programs. At the University of East London, the preponderance of these programs starts in September, then in May, March, January, and other seasons.
Academic specialties include civil engineering, multimedia and cultural studies, economics, psychiatry, and sports science. The University is well-known for its interest in athletics, and since 2005, it has been working on research, student participation, and athletic partnerships related to the Olympics and Paralympics.
Some of the top programs offered at the University of East London are as follows:
- Master of Law [L.L.M]
- Master of Science [M.Sc], Finance and Risk
- Master of Science [M.Sc], Public Health
- Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]
- Master of Science [M.Sc], Data Science
- Master of Science [M.Sc], Civil Engineering
- Master of Science [M.Sc], Computer Science
- Master of Science [M.Sc], Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science [B.S], Economics
- Bachelor of Science [B.S], Pharmaceutical Science
- Bachelor of Science [B.S], Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science [B.S], Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science [B.S], Clinical and Community Psychology
- Bachelor of Science [B.S], Business Management
- Bachelor of Science [B.S], Architectural Design Technology
- Bachelor of Science [B.S], Biomedical Science
Cost of living in United Kingdom
International students' projected annual cost of living in London is between 27,880 and 33,180 GBP. The cost of living varies.
But, this can vary because of certain factors like the lifestyle of students, accommodation, basic expenses, and much more
- Accommodation 15,180 (1,265 per month) GBP
- Transportation 130 -180 GBP
- Food & Groceries 160 - 200 GBP
University of East London Rankings
Compared to REF 2014, when the University of East London had academic power of 350, it had 538 in REF 2021. Our research is rated as world-leading, good, or formally recognized in 92% of cases. With 208.5 comparable full-time personnel submitting for REF 2021, a 61% increase from REF 2014, it was the largest evaluation yet. The university has achieved the following rankings.
According to various well-known organizations, the University of East London ranks among the top 1000 colleges worldwide. Here are some of the University of East London's notable rankings:
- Q.S. World University Rankings 2023- #801-1000
- THE World University Rankings 2023- #1001-1200
- 113th, according to the Guardian University Guide 2023
- 131st, according to the Times University Guide 2023
Want to know your chances of admission in this university?Rate my chances
For international students studying in the U.K., the University of East London provides scholarships and fellowships totaling 2 million GBP. Its overseas scholarships provide first-year tuition discounts ranging from 1,000 to 5,000 GBP. The only people who qualify for this award have accepted undergraduate and graduate study offers. The University of East London recognizes the following outside awards:
International postgraduate students from developing nations are given Chevening Scholarships, which the U.K. government and its allies support to foster the development of future world leaders. The sum covers the entire scholarship, which includes travel, lodging, tuition, and a monthly stipend.
Postgraduate students from Commonwealth countries can apply to the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission. The prize covers the full cost of the study.
The university's main campus, Docklands, has practically everything available. The SportsDock sports complex, worth 21 million GBP, is on this property. To make transportation easier, free, frequent bus services connect the school's campuses in Stratford and Docklands. One of London's biggest indoor sports complexes, SportsDock, served as the U.S. Olympic Team's official training base in 2012 as it prepared for the Olympic and Paralympic Games in London.
The Cass School of Education and Communities, the School of Health Sport, and the School of Psychology and Bioscience are all located in the Stratford Complex. The level of student activity on campuses is at its highest. Sports, politics, culture, and religion are all significant components of the student's extracurricular activities. On campus, there are a lot of organizations and organizations operated by students, from those that emphasize gender identity to those that concentrate on the arts and sports.
University of East London Accommodations
All students may stay on campuses at the University of East London. The university provides all types of students with both deluxe and regular housing options. The upmarket lodging provides private bathrooms and a communal kitchen. Rooms and kitchenettes are newly renovated in the standard halls.
Priority will be given to international students who fulfill the standards below when it involves accommodation selection.
- Older than 18-year-old undergraduates.
- Those who a company unconditionally accepted as full-time students.
- Students who matched the criteria above and submitted their accommodation request on time will be given lodgings for the 2023 academic year.
- Regular and luxury accommodations are the two main types of lodging. Every academic year, the expense of standard housing with a private bathroom fluctuates from 5,702 to 7,402 GBP.
- The recent renovations to the kitchen and rooms are the primary distinction between bedrooms in luxury amenities and those in standard accommodations.
The East Student Halls and West Student Halls are two different residential building types available to students wishing to stay on campus. Here is the complete information about the University of East London's on-campus luxury homes.
- Premium East Standard – Premium Kitchen
- Premium Enhanced Premium Kitchen
- Premium East Standard – 4 Bed Flat Premium Enhanced – 4 Bed Flat
- Wheelchair Accessible West Premium Kitchen
- Premium West Standard – Premium Kitchen
- East Standard
- East Standard 4 Bed Flat
- West Standard
- East Standard Detached Flat
- Wheelchair Accessible Detached Flat
- Wheelchair Accessible East Studio
- Wheelchair Accessible West
University of East London Placements
91% of the University of East London graduates find work within their first six months. In 17 subjects, the university boasts a record-high employment rate of 90%. The institution encourages its staff and students to participate in volunteer and civic involvement initiatives.
After the second academic year, the University of East London provides full-year employment. This internship opportunity allows students to expand their professional networks and acquire on-the-job skills. As students complete their full-year internship programs, most of them result in an offer of full-time employment.
University of East London Visa
University of East London intake
Other Top Universities in United Kingdom
University of Law, Nottingham
University of Law, Manchester
Why Study at the University of East London?
The University of East London is a terrific place to enroll students seeking a top-notch education. The institution provides courses in several subjects, including business, technology, and the humanities and artistic disciplines. Via internship, employment, and work experience programs, the university also gives its students a chance to get practical experience. Students can expand their skill set and learn important information they can use in the profession. Also, the university has solid industry ties to major corporations worldwide. This makes it simpler for students to get employment during and after their studies. UEL offers a great academic atmosphere where students and its diversified student body can benefit from one another.